What to Expect at Celebrate Recovery
If you are new to recovery or to Celebrate Recovery®, we understand that attending your first meeting can be intimidating. Here’s what you can expect the first time you attend our group:
Dinner: 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Enjoy a freshly made, warm, home cooked meal.
LARGE GROUP: 7:00 - 8:00 pm For your first meeting, please do not feel obligated to give during the offering.
1. Worship – Both men and women gather in the east chapel to start the meeting. We like to get our hearts ready by singing 3 - 4 worship songs together.
2. Welcome – The CR MC will make announcements welcoming everyone as well as explaining anonymity and confidentiality and the purpose of Celebrate Recovery.
3. 12 Steps or 8 Biblical Principles Read Aloud – An important part of the Celebrate Recovery® program is learning and understanding the 12 Steps and 8 Principles. We will say these aloud together.
4. Group Teaching or Personal Testimony – Each Friday we rotate between a teaching on one of the 12 Steps and a personal testimony. During a teaching, the speaker will focus on one step as it relates to recovery. During a personal testimony, we invite other Celebrate Recovery members to share his/her personal story with us. Testimony nights can often be powerful and emotional, but may help you relate to others in recovery.
5. Announcements - The CR MC will announce next week's topic, times of any available step studies, leadership meeting dates and other scheduled events.
6. Serenity Prayer – Before breaking into small groups, we will say the Serenity Prayer aloud together.
SMALL GROUPS: 8:00 - 9:00 pm
After the large group format, men and women separate into smaller groups to share on a more intimate level. For your first meeting, you will attend the Celebrate Recovery® 101 small group with any other newcomers. Two CR leaders will explain the Celebrate Recovery® program in more depth and answer any questions you may have. Men and women within the 101 class will then be separated into two groups and the leader of your group may ask you additional questions.
Cross Talk Cafe': 9:00 - 10:00 pm
Fellowship is an important part of recovery, so after the small group segment of the night we gather in the cafe for snacks and to spend time getting to know one-another. This is a great time to ask more questions and get to know others in your recovery group.